Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our Tuesday Nights...

Recently we've started doing a dinner every Tuesday night with some of our married friends in kansas city. Since graduating college, it gets hard to arrage to see people because everyone gets so busy, so finally, Laura, decided we needed to pick a night of the week and start doing dinner with our friends. I am so glad she finally set her foot down! We've only been doing it for 2 weeks but its been loads of fun and I can't wait for Tuesday to come again!

I will be the first to admit that I was a little sad yesterday that the season premiere of the final season of the show that Zach and I have been watching for the last 5 years together, was premiering last night...but... I had to give that up so I could enjoy time with my friends.

Enjoying good food, good community and lots of laughter is something everyone needs a little of! Last night we had fondue and something called racclette at our friends place. If you dont know what it is, you should look into it, it's pretty freakin cool! We used the electric version and cooked sliders on the grill and cheesy potatoes on the bottom. Next week Zach and I are hosting, and we're planning to try out some homemade Chicago style pizza! Yummmm
A few pics Bree took last night.
 
 
Using the raclette for our burgers...

What do you do with your friends that has become a tradition or what would you like to start doing?

3 comments:

Carol Anne said...

That sounds like a fun time with friends! I wish I had friends to make traditions with. It's hard moving to a place where I know hardly anyone and then trying to make friends when I already struggle with that! haha! But I'm being patient!

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. That is so funny you know Matt! I love your blog as well! And I checked out your etsy. Lovely stuff! I really wish I knew how to knit! Someday I will learn!

Jenni said...

oh how fun! I'm glad you had a good time, but goodness lost was awesome! (and really confusing....Spencers mind went 8 different places...literally)

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

yay for fun with friends!

we don't really have any traditions with friends, but my parents come over almost every sunday to hang out and so my husband and my dad can play foosball. they get real into it. it's pretty hillarious.