Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Family Visits KC!



This is going to be a long post so watch out. In March, most of my family came and visited Kansas City and we spent the weekend doing fun stuff around the city. The main thing that encouraged the visit was the Copeland farewell concert in Lawrence. Which turned out to be a great way to get to know my younger sister's new boyfriend, Koji. He's been really great for Erin. He's from France originally and has lived in the states with his parents for the last 3 years. He's going to start college at Webster in the fall and i just a great kid all around.
Pics from the show.
Us with Ace Enders from I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business
We really enjoyed the show. My favorite as I knew it would be was Ace Enders. This guy is a genious. And looks a little like Michael Cera...

The next day my older sister and her bf and my niece, my cousin Carrie and her kids and all of us met out at the Plaza and had lunch and just goofed around like we typically do.

 
 
 
     

Later that night we headed to T-Rex Restaurant and had a yummy dinner. Their food is so greasy and delicious.

 

The next we visited the Nelson Atkins and had a FREAK snow storm. That night we played some fun games at my cousin's and then drove back to our house and ended the weekend with a car accident. Everyone is okay, and my mom now has a new car out of the whole situation, which she loves. But it definitly made me hate winters in Kansas City even more!